Parent/Teacher Conferences

September 2020 -- get the news that school is going virtual 
October 2020-January 11, 2021 -- school is continuing virtual

I was scared. I was scared that my girls, who strive in the in person environment were falling way behind. After being on their tablets for 6+ hours a day, I could not bring myself to make them do more at night when we were home. I let them play, run around, and get out their cooped up energy. I know they were not getting the education they deserve. They needed the in person. I don't think that they made any real significant gains in their reading through virtual learning. Thankfully, they have amazing teachers who did continually push them.

Because Ali was turning 10 we had her IEP re-evaluation. She had made gains since the beginning of the year but I know that if she would have been in person, she would have been further. I am very proud of how stinkin hard she worked through the virtual learning.

January 11, 2021 and they are back in person. March 2021 we have teacher conferences. I received rave reviews from all teachers that the girls have excelled so much since being back in January. The reading levels jumped like two levels and their focus is incredible.

I attribute a lot of the gains they have had over the last year and especially while back to school in person, to the lifestyle and food changes we have made as a family. Educating my girls on the hindrances of sugar and processed food is helping them understand what is best for their bodies. They are kids and they want snacks and treats - I get that! They get snacks and treats...just not as frequently as before. They are eating more veggies and fruit. They are making better choices when choosing a snack. It is so important that we teach them young so they can carry on with them through life. I repeat myself, A LOT, but I am okay with that. They are asking and learning.

It was very rewarding after those conferences knowing that the decisions I have been making as a parent are directly impacting their childhood and education. We are so proud of them and how hard they work in school. 

Food drives everything in your body. Your mind, physical abilities, focus, emotions, and the list goes on. If you think something is off with your or your kids, try to fix it and start with food!

~Trying to Live the American Dream~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Littles

Hormones

Transformation