Serenity
This weekend is our annual trip to Sixteen Mile Lake in beautiful Munising, MI. It is my favorite weekend of the year. Once the weekend is done I already can't wait until next year. Only downfall is the black flys...last year they weren't bad so hoping this year will be a black fly free weekend as well!
We go with family and friends of my parents. I am so glad that Adam and I are included in the group because we both are always so excited for a weekend to sit around and enjoy the outdoors. This year however, I don't think I will be doing much relaxation. With Ali walking and exploring everything, we are going to have our hands full. Everyone that goes which is usually 7 couples plus their kids brings their camper and parks in the yard at Packer and Lisa's house on the lake. The house is awesome with a great view overlooking the lake. They even have a sauna which I guess is a normal thing for homeowners in the U.P. I have never been in it because I get lightheaded but it is still cool. There are plenty of toys as well to make the time spent there even better than it already is...jetski's, 4-wheeler's, dirt bikes, pontoon boat and a giant water trampoline that gets put in every Memorial Day Weekend. We have gigantic bonfires at night....I mean gigantic! And plenty of alcohol is consumed which makes for great stories....
One thing is the hill that goes down to the lake. It isn't a big hill or a long way to the lake but with Ali it is going to be interesting. She loves water so keeping her on top of the hill will be a treat. I may just have to make her wear her life jacket all day, every day! My aunt who watches Ali everyday comes up as well and she said we are going to need a leash for Ali! I don't have to worry about working out because Ali is going to give me lots of exercise and I have a sneaking suspicion that her middle name will be used a lot!
Why I love the U.P. so much is because it is the most beautiful and relaxing place ever. Everyone is so laid back and just soaks in life as it comes. There are no schedules or demands. Lake Superior is also a plus! I wish I just go up there and never come back to reality. I am so grateful for Packer and Lisa's kindness in letting everyone enjoy their hometowns (they are both from the U.P.) and the beauty of the U.P. They even tell us we can come whenever we want. I wish I could every weekend but that just can't happen.
I think it would be really awesome to plan a 4 or 5 day vacation with friends and stay at a campground in the Munising area so I can show them all the great things the area has to offer. I could be an advertiser for the U.P.! LOL
I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER! I wish we were leaving tomorrow!
That is it for now. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend as much as I do!
....just sayin....
Pictures from last year:
We go with family and friends of my parents. I am so glad that Adam and I are included in the group because we both are always so excited for a weekend to sit around and enjoy the outdoors. This year however, I don't think I will be doing much relaxation. With Ali walking and exploring everything, we are going to have our hands full. Everyone that goes which is usually 7 couples plus their kids brings their camper and parks in the yard at Packer and Lisa's house on the lake. The house is awesome with a great view overlooking the lake. They even have a sauna which I guess is a normal thing for homeowners in the U.P. I have never been in it because I get lightheaded but it is still cool. There are plenty of toys as well to make the time spent there even better than it already is...jetski's, 4-wheeler's, dirt bikes, pontoon boat and a giant water trampoline that gets put in every Memorial Day Weekend. We have gigantic bonfires at night....I mean gigantic! And plenty of alcohol is consumed which makes for great stories....
One thing is the hill that goes down to the lake. It isn't a big hill or a long way to the lake but with Ali it is going to be interesting. She loves water so keeping her on top of the hill will be a treat. I may just have to make her wear her life jacket all day, every day! My aunt who watches Ali everyday comes up as well and she said we are going to need a leash for Ali! I don't have to worry about working out because Ali is going to give me lots of exercise and I have a sneaking suspicion that her middle name will be used a lot!
Why I love the U.P. so much is because it is the most beautiful and relaxing place ever. Everyone is so laid back and just soaks in life as it comes. There are no schedules or demands. Lake Superior is also a plus! I wish I just go up there and never come back to reality. I am so grateful for Packer and Lisa's kindness in letting everyone enjoy their hometowns (they are both from the U.P.) and the beauty of the U.P. They even tell us we can come whenever we want. I wish I could every weekend but that just can't happen.
I think it would be really awesome to plan a 4 or 5 day vacation with friends and stay at a campground in the Munising area so I can show them all the great things the area has to offer. I could be an advertiser for the U.P.! LOL
I CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER! I wish we were leaving tomorrow!
That is it for now. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend as much as I do!
....just sayin....
Pictures from last year:
Campers all lined up
Shows the hill plus Evan in his boxers
Gigantic Trampoline
Enormous Bonfire




Comments
Post a Comment