No Sugar + 7 days = 3.5 lbs GONE

I DID IT! Never in a million years did I think I would have the self discipline to not eat sugar. I proved to myself that I can do it. For our podcast (Dirt Road Health and Hustle), Tracy challenged me to not eat sugar for one week. I thought, why not give it a try?! Let me tell you, that was not easy. I ate only veggies and protein (meat and eggs) for 7 days. 

It was definitely a struggle to not cave to the chocolate cravings. I started on a Wednesday and that morning, I walked into work and the first thing someone said to me was, "there are Reese's PB Eggs in the office." SERIOUSLY?! I powered through and didn't have any even though they sat there for three days! The worst cravings were at night after supper but I just kept myself busy and didn't think about it. On Friday, I turned down donuts...that never happens!!! 

I struggled to get enough protein in. I would be hungry in the afternoons. I didn't prepare myself well enough with a good stock of meat in the house to bring for lunches. I had plenty of veggies to get my nutrients and vitamins but not enough protein. I had a headache Monday and Tuesday. Not sure if that was related to the lack of sugar intake and my body was yelling at me. 

I have had this rash on my face since beginning of January and some random redness and other spots - by Tuesday my face looked so good. I never been big into needing makeup and self conscious about my face/skin but since January I haven't felt comfortable. Once I started eating regular again with the family while watching my sugar intake much more closely, my face/skin started to get very red and spotty again. 

I am still waiting on results of the blood test I had done with my holistic doctor - should be in this week - hoping that will give some answers on what my be causing my skin irritations. 

On Wednesday, I woke up and weighed myself - I WAS SHOCKED! 3.5 LBS!!!! ONE WEEK!! SAY WHAT?!?!

If just not eating sugar can make me feel good and lose weight, holy smokes, I need to do some serious diet changes. I have been reading a lot about food, lifestyle choices, and preaching it on my podcast. I have made some major changes over the last year and a half that I have seen results from in both myself and my family. Clearly, I need to eliminate more sugar from my diet. EVERYTHING has sugar in it. It was amazing looking at all the labels more closely, learning what I learned in just seven days. 

Until next time,

~Trying to Live the American Dream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Littles

Hormones

Transformation