10.27.19...Support
The amount of support I received during this tough time was incredible. My friend going out of her way to give me a hug on her way to work (and she is not a hugger). My mom driving from DePere to Krakow just to come have lunch with me. The extremely kind and supportive words from my other friend. A super nice text from my brother-in-law telling me about his experience. A box of goodies from another brother and sister-in-law. Breakfast and flowers from two co-workers who wanted to make sure I wasn't starving myself. A necklace from my sister telling me I will get through it.
On that Monday the 28th, I was determined I was not going to get over this. I was just devastated and sad, completely exhausted....all of our trying and excitement was just taken away in a few hours. My sister was my rock. She is stronger than anyone I know. She had been through this and knew I would be just fine. Everything happens for a reason. I still struggle with figuring out the reason but firmly believe it did happen for a reason.
Without a support system you can get through tough times but when you have a good one, lean on it when needed. We all need each other. We all need emotional help at times. We aren't all perfect. We all have different strengths. Use your support system. Look out for one another and cry when you need to cry. It feels good sometimes. I am so extremely thankful and appreciative for the amazing friends, family and co-workers (who have become friends) that I have. Surround yourself with good people and you will never feel alone.
Until next time....
Comments
Post a Comment